Imagine cup is a global contest which is targeted at young developers with the aim for them to show off their biggest, boldest software solution. Code with purpose and show the world what you’ve got.
More than 12 countries organize national finals for the imagine cup. The best teams in these finals and then selected, while given an opportunity to compete as a participating country in the world finals. The Imagine Cup is organized by Microsoft subsidiaries in those countries where the finals take place.
With this, which has been in existence since 2003, Microsoft has provided a global platform for students to turn their dreams into reality. The competition allows students from across the globe build amazing teams to bring their biggest, boldest ideas to life. Working with mentors and industry leaders, they get feedback to further hone and develop their projects.
The price for the winning team is set at $100,000 (US)
To be eligible, you have to meet these requirements.
- You are at least 16 years of age as of 24 October 2017 and are actively enrolled as a student at an accredited educational institution that grants high-school or college/university (or equivalent) degrees (including home schools) at any time between 24 October 2017 and 31 May 2018; and
- If you are considered a minor in your place of residence, then you should ask your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission prior to submitting an entry into this competition.
- You are NOT a resident of Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria, and the Region of Crimea as U.S. export regulations prohibit the export of goods and services to Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria, and the Region of Crimea. Therefore, residents of these countries/regions are not eligible to participate.
- You/your business has not received external funding more than $50,000 USD
- You/your business has not used paid employees assistance in creating an Imagine Cup entry at any time between 24 October 2017 and 31 July 2018
- You are not an employee or intern of Microsoft Corporation, or an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary, at any time between 24 October 2017 and 31 July 2018
- You are not involved in any part of the execution or administration of this Competition
- You are not an immediate family member of (parent, sibling, spouse/domestic partner, child) or household member of a Microsoft employee, an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary, or a person involved in any part of the administration and execution of this competition between 24 October 2017 and 31 July 2018.
- If you are a Microsoft campus representative e.g. a Microsoft Student Partner and you meet the eligibility criteria you may enter the competition, but you are prohibited from using Microsoft property, internal resources, and/or the work of Microsoft employees, in connection with the creation or execution of an entry.
- If you have previously competed in an Imagine Cup World Finals event as a World Finalist, you are eligible to enter but any entry submitted must be substantially new, unique, and different from anything you’ve brought to World Finals before.
You can go ahead to apply HERE if you meet the criteria. Deadline for application is set at 30th April. https://imagine.microsoft.com/en-us/Category/11