Every company is looking to add great talented individuals to their payrolls. Capital Square isn’t left out, as there is now an opening for the post of the Community manager.
The HR at Capital Square wants to meet a tech-savvy professional, who is experienced in social media, PR and promotional events.
The Community Manager is described as the “Chief Happiness Officer” and is responsible for ensuring that everyone who interacts with the company has an amazing experience that reflects the unique company culture.
Exceptional oral and written communication skills are a great thing to possess before applying for this role.The ability to develop engaging and unique content is also very important. You should be a ‘people person’ with great customer service skills. You should also possess the ability to moderate community conversations, both online and offline.
What are the responsibilities of the Community Manager?
- Develop and facilitate a system to foster a sense of ownership and community among coworking space members, ensuring that everyone pitches in to keep the space running smoothly.
- Organise, promote, and maintain an ongoing roster of internal community and brand-building activities, e.g. workshops, social events, outings, etc.
Provide tours of the coworking space and facilities to visitors and potential members.
- Build relationships with customers, potential customers, industry professionals and journalists.
- Liaise with Development and Sales departments to keep up-to-date on new features and products.
- Ensure brand consistency by communicating with Marketing, PR, and Communications teams.
- Monitor discussions and activities within the community. Identify and report trends and advise on potential opportunities.
- Work with Content and Marketing Team to coordinate community and event updates across the organisation’s digital channels.
- Oversee the on-boarding process for new members, and ensure that they receive all the assistance required to settle in properly.
- Communicate and promote new community features, procedures, and activities to coworking space members.
- Ensure that all customer complaints are resolved quickly and satisfactorily
- Represent the company at events and exhibitions.
What is required from applicants?
- Proven work experience as a community manager.
- Experience launching community initiatives (e.g. building an online forum, launching an ambassador program, creating an event series).
- Ability to identify and track relevant community metrics, and to utilize those metrics (e.g. repeat attendance at events).
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills.
- Hands on experience with brand management through social media.
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Ability to self-manage in a fast-paced environment.
- Passion for startups, SMEs, and community building.