DEMO Africa serves as a launch pad for African technology and a global audience of over 2000 people are usually attendees of the program. After an application process, and a tour of certain African countries, selected startups are then introduced to an audience of investors, corporate acquirers, strategic partners and global media practitioners.
In the last six years, DEMO Africa has succeeded in connecting well over 3,000 African start-ups to the global innovation and entrepreneurship ecosystem. They have also helped in the creation of over 2,000 high-paying jobs, and mentored more than 250 startup teams across the continent.
Morocco would serve as the host country for this and the next edition. Having had Nairobi, Johannesburg and Lagos as previous hosts.
The organizers would be going on a tour – DEMO “innovation tour” – which is a lead up to the final event. The innovation tour would start with Kampala on June 11th, Nairobi on June 13th, Botswana on June 18th, Harare on June 20th, Oula on June 25th, Tunis on June 27th, Casablanca on June 28th, Lagos on July 2nd, Accra on July 3rd and Yaounde on July 5th. All these would culminate to the final at Casablanca, Morocco on Thursday, October 18th.
Criteria for application
– Must be a fully registered company
– Must be a talented team with a working and demonstrable product.
– Viable and scalable business model
– Ability to deliver product to market.
– Access tools worth more than US$120,000 from Microsoft
– Access infrastructure worth more than US$15,000 from AWS
– Mentorship and coaching
– Meet investors and buyers
– Publicity for their startup
– A chance to join a fully paid US Innovation Tour
– Showcase product at the event
Deadline: July 15th, 2018.
Apply to pitch at the event HERE.