Climate change is a growing problem in this present world, that would prove most damaging for those least able to adapt. So, it is only wise for innovators to invent innovative solutions, alongside with proper assistance that would help tackle the rising beast. Well, here’s one.
The search for Momentum for Change’s 2018 Lighthouse Activities is on! 22nd of February marked the beginning of receiving applications which will last till 30th April. Spearheaded by the United Nations Climate Change Secretariat, Momentum for Change shines a light on the most innovative, scalable and replicable examples of what people around the world are doing to tackle climate change.
So, if you’re an Organization, community, city, business, government or any other body, and is spearheading or taking concrete action on climate change, you are eligible to apply. As a result, you could have your projects recognized as a 2018 Lighthouse Activity.
In a case where your project is selected as a winning one, here are the benefits.
- Fully covered attendance to the 2018 UN Climate Change Conference in Katowice, Poland;
- Access to policy makers and potential funders during the conference;
- Public recognition by the UN Climate Change secretariat;
- Public relations support and media training;
- Marketing materials, which includes promotional videos, a dedicated page about your project on our website and professional photography.
How to apply?
Register via the online application portal HERE.
Note that due to time completing an application might take (up to an hour), you can save your progress at any time and work on it at your convenience. You must have completed your application by midnight GMT on 30th April 2018.
Lighthouse Activities will be announced in October 2018. Official recognition and celebration would be during an award ceremony and a series of special events in December 2018 at the UN Climate Change Conference in Katowice, Poland.